Counterpart International is currently seeking an Admin/Procurement Assistant Officer for a 5-year USDA McGovern-Dole Food for Education and Child Nutrition Program which aims to reduce hunger and improve literacy and nutrition among school-age students, especially girls. With the support and under the supervision of the HR/Admin Manager, the Admin/Procurement Assistant will be responsible to assist in the implementation of USDA McGovern-Dole Food for Education and Child Nutrition Program activities in Mozambique and will be responsible for ensuring that daily activities and administrative tasks are completed and properly documented. This is a full-time position based in Maputo, Mozambique. The applicant should be a Mozambique national or have the legal right to work/reside in Mozambique.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Will be responsible for supporting with the daily administrative needs in Counterpart’s office space in Maputo;
- Liaise with service providers to ensure submission of invoices and prepare payments;
- Provide administrative support, as needed, to the project’s activities;
- Writing letters, make copies, binding, scanning as needed;
- Maintain updated trackers for letters;
- Responsible for the petty cash management in Maputo office.
- Assistance with the preparation of Request for Quotation and initiations to Bid;
- Assists the Procurement/Contracts Specialist in carrying out Procurement in accordance to CPI and donor-specific polices;
- Routing copying and circulation of quotes, bids and proposal for evaluation;
- Attend all the procurement committee meetings when the procurement specialist is unavailable or as mandated by the management;
- Routine communication, coordination and planning with the relevant requesting staff / programs regarding the order and delivery of goods/services;
- Support in coordination with Finance, Admin and Program departments to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation;
- Maintain updated trackers for Purchase Requests, RFQ numbers;
- Prepare purchase orders;
- Updating of inventory
- Manage storage and inventory (logistics equipment, stationery and cleaning products);
- Monitor the use of project supplies and ensure the replenishment of stocks;
- Ensure the project inventory is kept updated.
- Ensure proper management of project vehicles, regular maintenance and use of vehicle logbooks;
- Ensure the organization of transport (daily movement of vehicles);
- Track fuel consumption and use of spare parts;
- Ensure the smooth operation, use, maintenance, and monitoring of communications equipment (computers, mobile phones, etc.);
- Update contact list;
- High school diploma required and University Degree preferred in related filed;
- Three (3) or more years’ experience in similar post;
- Demonstrated knowledge of US Government rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and oral and written communications skills;
- Ability to work well in a team environment, strong interpersonal skills;
- Able to work effectively with civil society organizations, and other beneficiaries;
- English and Portuguese fluency are required.
- Experience working for USDA programs;
- Strong sense of responsibility;
- Analytical skills;
- Good Judgment.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application letter and CVs in (PDF) t0 hr.mzMGD@counterpart.org with subject “Admin/Procurement Assistant” no later than September 22, 2021.
Counterpart International is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of Counterpart International to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.