United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is hiring a Assistant Admin Officer based in Maputo
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is an international organization with the mandate to assist persons in need of international protection; asylum seekers; refugees; statelessness; and internally displaced persons. The UNHCR operation in Mozambique has its main office in Maputo and field offices in Nampula and Pemba. The working language in the UNHCR offices in Mozambique is English.
- The Assistant Administrative Officer is responsible for supporting the Office in the implementation of general administrative and resource management tasks. The incumbent assists the Supervisor in all administrative matters addressing day to day tasks and contributing to deliver administrative activities.
- S/he will contribute to establish and maintain efficient administrative control mechanisms to ensure compliance with UN administrative, financial and human resources rules and procedures. Contacts on administrative/budgetary related issues are mainly with Sections/Units/Offices within the organization both at HQ and in the Field and with local suppliers/services to ensure provision of services and resolution of difficult problems. Frequent external contacts are counterparts in other organizations or in national
- Governments at working level related to issues of importance to the Organization’s programmes.
- Direct supervision is received from the immediate supervisor i.e. Finance Officer. The incumbent will also refer to UNHCR and UN handbooks and policy papers concerning administrative rules and regulations.
- The incumbent may directly supervise general service staff.
- Previous professional experience within the United Nations systemwould be desirable. Experience in the area of Finance and Accounting will be considered as a value added.
- – Monitor the day-to-day personnel and administrative operations of the office.
- – Participates in the recruitment and training of General Service staff for specialized and non-specialized work and assign General Service staff to meet work requirements.
- – Supervises activities concerned with office and grounds maintenance, security, transport and similar services.
- – Briefs international staff on general administrative matters, provide advice and ensure administrative support as required.
- – Contributes to the preparation of submissions of new or revised procedures and practices.
- – Prepares correspondence, special reports, evaluations and justifications as required on general administrative matters.
- – Handles all personnel matters related to attendance records leave, issuance of visas, licence, etc.
- – Coordinate training and capacity-building activities to staff in administrative related areas.
- – Facilitate the mission travel of staff, including following up on travel authorizations, bookings, tickets.
- – Perform other related duties as required.
- Candidates must be Mozambican Nationals.
How to Apply
- Link: https://www.unhcr.org/careers.html
- Date of Issue 23 July 2021
- Closing Date 6 August 2021